(6) But the righteousness which is of faith says these words, Say not in your heart, Who will go up to heaven? (that is, to make Christ come down:)
(7)Or, Who will go down into the deep? (that is, to make Christ come again from the dead:)
(8) But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart: that is, the word of faith of which we are the preachers:
(9) Because, if you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and have faith in your heart that God has made him come back from the dead, you will have salvation:
(10) For with the heart man has faith to get righteousness, and with the mouth he says that Jesus is Lord to get salvation.
(11) Because it is said in the holy Writings, Whoever has faith in him will not be shamed.( Basic English Version Bible)
The self-condemned sinner need not perplex himself how this righteousness may be found. When we speak of looking upon Christ, and receiving, and feeding upon him, it is not Christ in heaven, nor Christ in the deep, that we mean; but Christ in the promise, Christ offered in the word. Justification by faith in Christ is a plain doctrine. It is brought before the mind and heart of every one, thus leaving him without excuse for unbelief. If a man confessed faith in Jesus, as the Lord and Savior of lost sinners, and really believed in his heart that God had raised him from the dead, thus showing that he had accepted the atonement, he should be saved by the righteousness of Christ, imputed to him through faith. But no faith is justifying which is not powerful in sanctifying the heart, and regulating all its affections by the love of Christ. We must devote and give up to God our souls and our bodies: our souls in believing with the heart, and our bodies in confessing with the mouth. The believer shall never have cause to repent his confident trust in the Lord Jesus. Of such faith no sinner shall be ashamed before God; and he ought to glory in it before men.
Feel free to contact us; to let us know of your decision to follow Christ, we shall be glad to hear from you. Plus, we may send you a free salvation package to help you begin your journey with Jesus.
Gifted Divine Ministries International
P. O. Box 28894 Kampala,Uganda